Post by artemisiajolie on Dec 3, 2009 1:51:15 GMT -5
Thanks! The tassel is actually all embriodery floss, a mixture of turquoise and a slivery one. You can't really see from the pic, but the liner is a turquoise and can barely be seen through the eyelet.
I made this by hand (all hand-sewn) this weekend, and was surprised at how quickly it worked up. What a delightful pattern. I still need to add some decorations, but I couldn't wait. I think the fabric I chose (a damask, lined with cotton) was too heavy, so it turned out quite bulky, but I love it anyway.
Thank you for the beautiful pattern - I used it to make 3 reticules for the masked ball at the Roman Baths and Pump room (the gold one) and day wear (purple and green) at the Jane Austen festival festival in Bath : ) So much fun! They are a tiny bit ragged at the edges from use now... I love the little gold keys I found for the draw strings of the gold one.
This is my first post on this board. I just wanted to thank the original poster for sharing her pattern for this lovely reticule.
I stumbled upon both the board and the bag while searching the web for a reticule to make for my daughter to go with her prom dress. She's asked me to make her a Victorian gown. Although I'm attempting a reproduction of an 1880's evening gown, not a Regency-period dress, she still needed a bag to go with it, to keep her keys and cellphone in. Talk about an anachronism!
Anyway - here are the results, just completed today!